Awesome TypeScript -= Awesome Elasticsearch =-←
- Elasticsearch official website
- Logstash is a data pipeline that helps you process logs and other event data from a variety of systems
- Kibana is a data analysis tool that helps to visualize your data; Kibana Manual docs
- beats is the platform for building lightweight, open source data shippers for many types of data you want to enrich with Logstash, search and analyze in Elasticsearch, and visualize in Kibana.
- Deep Learning for Search - teaches you how to leverage neural networks, NLP, and deep learning techniques to improve search performance. (2019)
- Relevant Search: with applications for Solr and Elasticsearch - demystifies relevance work. Using Elasticsearch, it teaches you how to return engaging search results to your users, helping you understand and leverage the internals of Lucene-based search engines. (2016)
- Elasticsearch in Action - teaches you how to build scalable search applications using Elasticsearch (2015)
- Elasticsearch in Action, Second edition - hands-on guide to developing fully functional search engines with Elasticsearch and Kibana. (2021)
Elastic Certified Engineer
- Elastic Certified Engineer notes - notes and exercises to prepare the certification exam
Related (awesome) lists
- frutik/awesome-search I am building e-commerce search now. Below are listed some of my build blocks
Open-source and free products, based on Elasticsearch
- Fess is an open source full featured Enterprise Search, with a web-crawler
- Yelp/elastalert is a modular flexible rules based alerting system written in Python
- etsy/411 - an Alert Management Web Application https://demo.fouroneone.io (credentials: user/user)
appbaseio/mirage is a
🔎GUI for composing Elasticsearch queries
- exceptionless/Exceptionless is an error (exceptions) collecting and reporting server with client bindings for a various programming languages
- searchkit/searchkit is a UI framework based on React to build awesome search experiences with Elasticsearch
- appbaseio/reactivemaps is a React based UI components library for building Airbnb / Foursquare like Maps
- appbaseio/reactivesearch is a library of beautiful React UI components for Elasticsearch
- appbaseio/dejavu The missing UI for Elasticsearch; landing page
- Simple File Server is an Openstack Swift compatible distributed object store that can serve and securely store billions of large and small files using minimal resources.
- logagent a log shipper to parse and ship logs to Elasticsearch including bulk indexing, disk buffers and log format detection.
- ItemsAPI simplified search API for web and mobile (based on Elasticsearch and Express.js)
- Kuzzle - An open-source backend with advanced real-time features for Web, Mobile and IoT that uses ElasticSearch as a database. (Website)
- SIAC - SIAC is an enterprise SIEM built on the ELK stack and other open-source components.
- Sentinl - Sentinl is a Kibana alerting and reporting app.
- Praeco - Elasticsearch alerting made simple
- DataStation - Easily query, script, and visualize data from every database, file, and API.
Elasticsearch developer tools and utilities
Development and debugging
- Sense (from Elastic) A JSON aware developer console to Elasticsearch; official and very powerful
- ES-mode An Emacs major mode for interacting with Elasticsearch (similar to Sense)
- Elasticsearch Cheatsheet Examples for the most used queries, API and settings for all major version of Elasticsearch
- Elasticstat CLI tool displaying monitoring informations like htop
- Elastic for Visual Studio Code An extension for developing Elasticsearch queries like Kibana and Sense extention in Visual Studio Code
- Elastic Builder A Node.js implementation of the Elasticsearch DSL
- Bodybuilder A Node.js elasticsearch query body builder
- enju A Node.js elasticsearch ORM
- Peek An interactive CLI in Python that works like Kibana Console with additional features
Import and Export
- Knapsack plugin is an "swiss knife" export/import plugin for Elasticsearch
- Elasticsearch-Exporter is a command line script to import/export data from Elasticsearch to various other storage systems
- esbulk Parallel elasticsearch bulk indexing utility for the command line.
- elasticdump - tools for moving and saving indices
- elasticsearch-loader - Tool for loading common file types to elasticsearch including csv, json, and parquet
- Esctl - High-level command line interface to manage Elasticsearch clusters.
- Vulcanizer - Github's open sourced cluster management library based on Elasticsearch's REST API. Comes with a high level CLI tool
- sscarduzio/elasticsearch-readonlyrest-plugin Safely expose Elasticsearch REST API directly to the public
- mobz/elasticsearch-head is a powerful and essential plugin for managing your cluster, indices and mapping
- Bigdesk - Live charts and statistics for elasticsearch cluster
- Elastic HQ - Elasticsearch cluster management console with live monitoring and beautiful UI
- Cerebro is an open source(MIT License) elasticsearch web admin tool. Supports ES 5.x
- Kopf - Another management plugin that have REST console and manual shard allocation
- Search Guard - Elasticsearch and elastic stack security and alerting for free
- ee-outliers - ee-outliers is a framework to detect outliers in events stored in an Elasticsearch cluster.
- Elasticsearch Comrade - Elasticsearch admin panel built for ops and monitoring
- elasticsearch-admin - Web administration for Elasticsearch
- SIREn Join Plugin for Elasticsearch This plugin extends Elasticsearch with new search actions and a filter query parser that enables to perform a "Filter Join" between two set of documents (in the same index or in different indexes).
Integrations and SQL support
- NLPchina/elasticsearch-sql - Query elasticsearch using familiar SQL syntax. You can also use ES functions in SQL.
- elastic/elasticsearch-hadoop - Elasticsearch real-time search and analytics natively integrated with Hadoop (and Hive)
- jprante/elasticsearch-jdbc - JDBC importer for Elasticsearch
- pandasticsearch - An Elasticsearch client exposing DataFrame API
- monstache - Go daemon that syncs MongoDB to Elasticsearch in near realtime
You know, for search
- jprante/elasticsearch-plugin-bundle A plugin that consists of a compilation of useful Elasticsearch plugins related to indexing and searching documents
Kibana plugins and applications
- elastic/timelion time-series analyses application. Overview and installation guide: Timelion: The time series composer for Kibana
- Kibana Alert App for Elasticsearch - Kibana plugin with monitoring, alerting and reporting capabilities
- VulnWhisperer - VulnWhisperer is a vulnerability data and report aggregator.
- Wazuh Kibana App - A Kibana app for working with data generated by Wazuh.
- Datasweet Formula - A real time calculated metric plugin Datasweet Formula.
Kibana Visualization plugins
- nbs-system/mapster - a visualization which allows to create live event 3d maps in Kibana
- Kibana Tag Cloud Plugin - tag cloud visualization plugin based on d3-cloud plugin
- LogTrail - a plugin for Kibana to view, analyze, search and tail log events from multiple hosts in realtime with devops friendly interface inspired by Papertrail
Analyze API - Kibana 6 application to manipulate the
- kbn_network - This is a plugin developed for Kibana that displays a network node that link two fields that have been previously selected.
Discussions and social media
- Elasticsearch forum
- Books on Amazon does not fit well into this category, but worth checking out!
- TODO: Put some good twitter accounts
- Centralized Logging with Logstash and Kibana On Ubuntu 14.04 everything you need to now when you are creating your first Elasticsearch+Logstash+Kibana instance
- dwyl/learn-elasticsearch a getting started tutorial with a pack of valuable references
- Make Sense of your Logs: From Zero to Hero in less than an Hour! by Britta Weber demonstrates how you can build Elasticsearch + Logstash + Kibana stack to collect and discover your data
- $$ Elasticsearch 7 and Elastic Stack - liveVideo course that teaches you to search, analyze, and visualize big data on a cluster with Elasticsearch, Logstash, Beats, Kibana, and more.
- A Useful Elasticsearch Cheat Sheet in Times of Trouble
- The definitive guide for Elasticsearch on Windows Azure
- Elasticsearch pre-flight checklist
- 9 Tips on Elasticsearch Configuration for High Performance
- Best Practices in AWS
How to Secure Elasticsearch and Kibana with NGINX, LDAP and SSL
- Elasticsearch server on Webfaction using NGINX with basic authorization and HTTPS protocol
- Elasticsearch Guides Useful Elasticsearch guides with best practices, troubleshooting instructions for errors, tips, examples of code snippets and more.
Docker and Elasticsearch
- Elasticsearch Java Virtual Machine settings explained
- Tuning Garbage Collection for Mission-Critical Java Applications
- G1: One Garbage Collector To Rule Them All
- Use Lucene’s MMapDirectory on 64bit platforms, please!
- Black Magic cookbook
- G1GC Fundamentals: Lessons from Taming Garbage Collection
- JVM Garbage Collector settings investigation PDF Comparison of JVM GC
- Garbage Collection Settings for Elasticsearch Master Nodes Fine tunine your garbage collector
- Understanding G1 GC Log Format To tune and troubleshoot G1 GC enabled JVMs, one must have a proper understanding of G1 GC log format. This article walks through key things that one should know about the G1 GC log format.
How to start using G1
#ES_JAVA_OPTS="" ES_JAVA_OPTS="-XX:-UseParNewGC -XX:-UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseG1GC"
Scalable Infrastructure and performance
- The Authoritative Guide to Elasticsearch Performance Tuning (Part 1) Part 2 Part 3
- Tuning data ingestion performance for Elasticsearch on Azure - and not only for Azure. That's a great article about Elasticsearch Performance testing by example
- Elasticsearch Indexing Performance Cheatsheet - when you plan to index large amounts of data in Elasticsearch (by Patrick Peschlow)
- Elasticsearch for Logging Elasticsearch configuration tips and tricks from Sanity
- Scaling Elasticsearch to Hundreds of Developers by Joseph Lynch @yelp
- 10 Elasticsearch metrics to watch
- Understanding Elasticsearch Performance
- Our Experience of Creating Large Scale Log Search System Using Elasticsearch - topology, separate master, data and search balancers nodes
📂Elasticsearch on Azure Guidance it is 10% on Azure and 90% of a very valuable general information, tips and tricks about Elasticsearch
- How to avoid the split-brain problem in Elasticsearch
- Datadog's series about monitoring Elasticsearch performance:
- Performance Monitoring Essentials - Elasticsearch Edition
- Operator for running Elasticsearch in Kubernetes
- Apache Hive integration
- Connecting Tableau to Elasticsearch (READ: How to query Elasticsearch with Hive SQL and Hadoop)
- 5 Logstash Alternatives and typical use cases
- ElastAlert: Alerting At Scale With Elasticsearch, Part 1 by engineeringblog.yelp.com
- ElastAlert: Alerting At Scale With Elasticsearch, Part 2 by engineeringblog.yelp.com
- Elastalert: implementing rich monitoring with Elasticsearch
- Elasticsearch as a Time Series Data Store by Felix Barnsteiner
- Running derivatives on Voyager velocity data By Colin Goodheart-Smithe
- Shewhart Control Charts via Moving Averages: Part 1 - Part 2 by Zachary Tong
- Implementing a Statistical Anomaly Detector: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 by Zachary Tong
- Classifying images into Elasticsearch with DeepDetect (forum thread with discussion) by Emmanuel Benazera
- Elasticsearch with Machine Learning (English translation) by Kunihiko Kido
- Recommender System with Mahout and Elasticsearch
Use cases for Elasticsearch
- Data Infrastructure at IFTTT Elasticsearch, Kafka, Apache Spark, Redhsift, other AWS services
- OFAC compliance with Elasticsearch using AWS
- Building a Streaming Search Platform - Streaming Search on Tweets: Storm, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- LogZoom, a fast and lightweight substitute for Logstash
- Graylog2/graylog2-server - Free and open source log management (based on ES)
- Fluentd vs. Logstash for OpenStack Log Management
- Building a Directory Map With ELK
- Structured logging with ELK - part 1
- Search for
😋Emoji with Elasticsearch 🔎
- Complete Guide to the ELK Stack
- Elasticsearch Engineer Interview Questions
- logiq - Simple WebUI Monitoring Tool for Logstash ver. 5.0 and up
- ElasticSearch Report Engine - An ElasticSearch plugin to return query results as either PDF,HTML or CSV.
- Elasticsearch Glossary - explanations of Elasticsearch terminology, including examples, common best practices and troubleshooting guides for various issues.
- Elasticsearch for logs and metrics: A deep dive – Velocity 2016 by Sematext Developers
- Elasticsearch in action Thijs Feryn a beginner overview
- Getting Down and Dirty with ElasticSearch by Clinton Gormley
- How we scaled Raygun
- Getting started with Elasticsearch
- Speed is a Key: Elasticsearch under the Hood introduction + basic performance optimization
- $$ Pluralsight: Getting Started With Elasticsearch for .NET Developers this course will introduce users to Elasticsearch, how it works, and how to use it with .NET projects.
- $$ Complete Guide to Elasticsearch Comprehensive guide to Elasticsearch, the popular search engine built on Apache Lucene
- How Elasticsearch powers the Guardian's newsroom
- Elasticsearch Query Editor in Grafana
- Scale Your Metrics with Elasticsearch 2019 by Philipp Krenn (Elastic) optimization tips and tricks
- #bbuzz 2015: Adrien Grand – Algorithms and data-structures that power Lucene and Elasticsearch
- Rafał Kuć - Running High Performance Fault-tolerant Elasticsearch Clusters on Docker and slides
- Working with Elasticsearch - Search, Aggregate, Analyze, and Scale Large Volume Datastores - O'Reilly Media
- End-to-end Recommender System with Spark and Elasticsearch by Nick Pentreath & Jean-François Puget. Slide deck
Code, configuration file samples and other gists
- Elasticsearch config for a write-heavy cluster - reyjrar/elasticsearch.yml
- chenryn/ESPL - Elastic Search Processing Language PEG parser sample for SPL to Elasticsearch DSL
- thomaspatzke/EQUEL an Elasticsearch QUEry Language, based on G4 grammar parser
Who is using elasticsearch?
I want more! (Elasticsearch related resources)
- Make sure you are about to post a valuable resource that belongs to this list
- Do NOT group ++Add and --Remove changes in same PR. Make them separate pull requests
- Use spellchecker
- All spelling and grammar corrections are welcome (except for the rule above)
- Fork this repo, do your edits, send the pull request
- Feel free to create any new sections
- Do not even try to add this repo to any awesome-awesome-* lists
Awesome TypeScript -= Awesome Elasticsearch =-←
A curated list of the most important and useful resources about elasticsearch: articles, videos, blogs, tips and tricks, use cases. All about Elasticsearch!